Go to FileZila Client Download page
and download the file for your platform (operating system).
Run (double-click on) the FileZilla_X_X_X_setup.exe file on your disk.
If you get a security warning, click Run.
Have your lawyer read the incredibly long License Agreement, or since it
is the GNU general public license, just agree.
In the Choose Components window I suggest UN-checking:
- Additional Languages (unless you want another language)
- Start Menu Shortcut
- Debug Files (takes up 7Mb disk space)
Use the default Install Location in Program Files
Use the default Start Menu Folder
Use the default General settings - or change if you want
This should leave a FileZilla (FZ) shortcut on your desktop.
FileZilla Configuration and Use
- Set up a login for a site
- File menu -> Site Manager (or the first logo in the tool bar)
- Click New Site
- Above in the left-hand window, change the name (New FTPsite) to something
- Fill in Host (eg ftp.focussat.net)
- Under Login type, click Normal
- Fill in User and Password (leave Account blank)
- Click Save and Exit or Connect (which will also save the data)
- Other Settings: File menu -> Settings
- Connection page
- Keep alive - disable (uncheck)
- Retry Settings -- wait 15 seconds between retries
- Firewall settings
- Passive Mode - checked
- File transfer settings
- Use Multiple connections - checked is ok, but limit to 2 files at the same time
- Logging in
- Site Manager icon on toolbar (icon at left side)
- or File menu -> Site Manager
- then double-click on the site to log into
- or click the tiny arrow just to the right of the Site Manager icon
- then click the site to log into
FSN main page